Texas has been called a “Whole Other Country” and it is true. There are so many wonderful places to go, history to discover and things to do that it will offer options for families for years to come. This is especially true on the Gulf of Mexico in TX with beautiful sunny weather it calls out to you to come and enjoy all we have to share.
Family Friendly Lodging in Corpus Christi
You will find a choice of family friendly options in a variety of price ranges depending on your personal preference. You can actually camp on the beach or park your RV in one of the available parks. Hotels are plentiful and varied or you may want to try a local rental condo or one of charming bed and breakfasts that service the area. One of the best places for families to stay in the area is Schlitterbahn Park and Resort. This resort truly has something for everybody. Swimming, golf and full-service restaurant and bar along with their long-interconnected river system will keep you and your entire family content on your entire vacation! Corpus Christi Residents may even want to check in for a relaxing stay-cation to enjoy the wonderful amenities!
Family Friendly Museums in Corpus Christi
What isn’t here? There is something for everyone in every age group. Being right on the ocean you can enjoy a day on the beach building sandcastles or surfing. If you want to escape the heat you can enjoy one of the many museums that Corpus Christi has to offer.
- The USS Lexington allows you to travel back to WWII and explore the ship and walk the corridors. See what it is like inside. See the flight simulator and many unique features.
- The Corpus Christi Museum of Science and History allows you to explore History that goes back to the 1500’s and you can tour the oldest shipwreck found in the Gulf of Mexico and the many treasures displayed.
- The Art Museum of Southern Texas lets the past and present meld with the art and displays. Enjoy browsing the halls and rooms of the beautiful culture.
- Kids of all ages will love the Texas State Aquarium and the wildlife that is part of the Gulf. Come over to North Beach and meet our beautiful sea creatures.
- FunTrackers Amusement Park will keep the kids busy with bumper cars, miniature golf and lots of arcade games.
This is a small sampling of all the wonders and discoveries in Corpus Christi, Texas. You won’t be able to do it all in one trip, so be prepared to come again and again to take advantage of the beautiful beaches and amenities.